Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I Feel Good

If live music is happening, I'm listening. It's just the way it is. Growing up, my parents drug me around to a lot of live concerts....which means old crooners like Johnny Mathis. The truth is I loved it. Because of my parents, I developed a deep love for live music and a pretty decent ear. So now I am a gray headed sound guy without a ponytail (real sound guys always have a ponytail). So anyway, it was with great pleasure that I watched the grammies. Politics aside, I was amazed by the diversity and quality of talent. And, yes, it was all live...real music. The highlight for me was the tribute to James Brown. Especially when they brought out his cape and draped it on the microphone to a standing ovation. Say what you will regarding James, but for sure he was one of the greatest live entertainers of all time. Michael Jackson, Usher, Chris Brown, Justin malfunction, and all the hip-hop world can give thanks to The Godfather of Soul. Without him their genre would not exist. We will miss JB, but I think we can all look back on his contribution and say "I feel good". Just make sure you let out a loud grunt after you say it.

2 comments:

Joo Joo said...

is this one "sex machine" talking about another "sex machine"? feel free to delete this. jlou

Brent Douglas said...

Whoa! Too much information!